We are seeking a Mid-Level Estimator with 5 years of commercial masonry and/or construction experience. Growth opportunity with dynamic, multi-service specialty contractor for right candidate.
Estimators will collaborate with architects, engineers, owners, and subcontractors and need to have the following skills:
- Ability to prepare detailed and accurate quantity surveys.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect masonry/construction cost.
- Effectively communicate, written and orally, with clients and vendors, including detail documentation for issues impacting scope, price and schedule
- Evaluate and price scaffold and equipment requirements
- Evaluate production and price factors utilizing a combination of historical data, project conditions and market/client factors
- Must have experience being a member of the team and the formal presentation for a project.
- Contact suppliers and vendors to discuss various requests and due dates.
- Track and update vendor information.
- Prepare and distribute time-sensitive materials.
- Coordinate activities of the team from bid to proposal.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Follow-up and tracking of bids and projects for opportunities to pursue further
- Effective post-bid handoff and transition to Project Management, including long lead item purchase and support as required
- Effectively network and participate in industry associations to maintain relationships with existing clients, and establish potential new business relationships
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both as a team player and independently with minimal oversight.
- Computer competency in MS Word and Excel required. Knowledge of Estimate Pro is a plus.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
5+ years of experience as a Commercial Masonry or Construction Estimator
Interested in a Rewarding Career with Calvert: EMAIL: email@example.com